"First I need to lose weight. Here is what I need to do:
- eat less fat and calories. This is a good first step.
- cut back on foods high in sugar like soda and candy.
- eat smaller amounts of foods at meals.
- eat fewer snacks during the day.
My blood pressure will probably go down when I lose weight."
Foods High in Fat
- Fats and oils (like butter margarine, vegetable oils, lard, fat back, salt pork, meat drippings, gravy)
- Fatty meats (like hot dogs, bacon, bologna, salami, corned beef, regular ground beef, ribs, sausage)
- Whole milk, 2% milk, cream, ice cream
- Most cheeses (like cream cheese, cheddar, American)
- Many snack foods (like chips and nuts)
- Fried foods (like fried chicken and French fries)
- Most cakes, pies, and pastries
- Many cookies
- Most fast foods